Sunday 19 October 2014

Indie and R&B Digipak Comaparision

Indie and R&B/Pop DigiPak Comparison


Comparing both of the Digipaks from two very artists, Mumford & Sons being indie/folk and Rihanna pop/R&B there are very obvious differences.

Mumford & Sons are a band that is not the centre of media attention, very back to basics in terms of mostly using just there instruments and voices, there digipak shows this it is a very simple design, shot in an area that could be in a small town.


However, on the other hand, the Rihanna album Loud is very bold charecter and could easily be spotted,; it shows her as the centre of attention, as she also is in the media and is an inspriation to other people. She is shown as an icon, someone who people want to be and look like and she isn't afraid to cross boundaries, the music in the album reflects this. It looks like it is professionally shot, in a studio, this could show her status, whereas the Mumford & Sons albums looks lie its shot just in a small town. I do like the Rihanna's album it reflects her well and is good for marketing as it can be easily recognised.

Ideas I have gained through analysing these two Digipaks is definitely to focus on what the target audience I am aiming for and I would not want too lose the reason my target audience because of my DigiPak. Digipaks need to represent he artist well and I think the more personal the better because the people that would buy

I am thinking of looking into doing a song from the Pop Genre so Rihannas album would related to me more that Mumford & Sons as there album cover wouldn't fit into the conventions for my album cover. 


No comments:

Post a Comment